Pages

Friday 1 May 2020

Anzac Day Recount

Anzac day

A few days ago it was anzac day. For the morning Jacinda Ardern said to stand at their mailboxes for a minute in silence . But since we lived on a road we had a better idea. In the morning at 6 ‘o’clock we had a ute ride to our biggest hill on our land (if you're wondering, we live on a farm) and climb onto the water tanks that are on top of the hill and watch the sunrise. In the morning I woke up before mum woke me up and we dressed up in warm clothes. Laura (my sister) made herself and me a hot chocolate but i decided to leave mine home we went on the back of the ute and the hot chocolate kept spilling so we tipped the hot chocolate on our driveway. Then we drove down a  bush track and I got my head hit by a bush. I turned my head around wondering what it was then another hit me in the face. What a way to wake up! Anyway we continued on and we had to open the gate to the hill. We drove up slowly and finally got to our destination. It was a very large hill and the sun had an amazing light, colored red. It looked like candy floss. Apart from the amazing view, it was also very cold and chilly. luckily we all had warm clothes. We watched and all said one thing about world war. I said thanks to all the nurses doing proper healing and not doing some of the worst bandages. Then we all listened to “the last post”.  It made me feel a little sad but at the same time very lucky  to live in New Zealand and not in another rough and tough country.

No comments:

Post a Comment